Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Christian Men on the Verge

Ivan: Hola, Carlos. I haven't seen you since you were born? How did your life turn out? Your mother tells me you make her nervous just listening to you because of your stuttering. You can't blame that on me. That you can't inherit and I wasn't around to cause it.

Carlos: Hola, papa. I can still call you papa, or would you prefer, Ivan? Well, I've turned out alright. The stuttering is kinda charming, at least some women tell me that. The good thing about kissing, is I don't have to talk.

Ivan: There are three possible futures for us, now that we've found each other again.
  • We could try to become true-to-life father and son at the earliest convenience. If it doesn't work out, then we could still remain friends. or
  • We could continue this careful, orchestrated, & lovely dance-like experience & allow it to lead where it dictates. or
  • We could just have distant memories of a brief encounter between two Spanish men who chanced upon each other by kismet somewhere in the late 20th century.
Carlos: I'm not sure you feel strongly about any of the three ways? Did you expect me to choose how I'd prefer to remember my father decades from now when we're separated for good?

Ivan: Your choice --- but does Eartha Kitt come with the Kismet?!?

No comments: